Dear Friends of the Arts,
Thank you for making a difference to a difference-making non-profit organization that directly affects where you live, work, and play.
I am proud to say that as we at the State Theatre work towards our mission of inclusion, accessibility and sustainability, we have made notable and tangible differences in our community. The State Theatre is not just a venue on Main Street, it is a community arts center, a home to performances and events that entertain, educate, and engage our community.
Some of those differences include:
- providing a monthly movie for area special needs students to practice social behavior and public life skills,
- providing more than 4,000 area elementary school children opportunities to see live theatre and grow in empathy and perspective taking,
- providing local talent opportunities to perform and nurture their talents, including James Tamelcoff who sold out his recent Johnny Cash tribute show,
- providing the Piedmont Players, a community theatre troupe for local community actors to showcase their talents,
- partnering with UVA Culpeper Hospital and Pepperberries to provide Pamper Me Pink, a breast-cancer awareness event,
- partnering with the Greater Piedmont Trauma Informed Community Network to provide a forum about community resiliency,
- partnering with the Wayland Blue Ridge Baptist Association to provide the community productions about Alzheimer’s Disease and Diabetes to raise awareness about how both conditions affect the community,
- partnering with the Windmore Foundation for the Arts to present a production and community forum about bullying prevention,
- partnering with Culpeper County Public Schools to provide two visual arts shows for area students in visual arts classes as well as the Miss Culpeper Pageant,
- partnering with Culpeper County Parks and Recreation to provide a forum for PlayCulpeper as well as Performing and Visual Art Summer Camps to young people throughout the region,
- partnering with the Arts and Culture Center in Culpeper to provide the Fresh Air Gallery in the State Theatre Lobby,
- partnering with local faith-based organizations to provide FaithFest, a concert series for interfaith friendship and fellowship,
- partnering with the Library of Congress and other film organizations to provide international film festivals and tourism revenues to the Town and County of Culpeper,
- partnering with Aging Together to provide them a home for “5 over 50,” a celebration of difference making individuals in the Piedmont,
- and many more…
We hope individuals and the business community will continue to help us in making a difference by purchasing a membership or a commemorative brick, buying advertising in our monthly program, sponsoring an event or even just volunteering at the theatre.
Talk with any member of our staff or visit our website to discover the ways and benefits of supporting the State Theatre today. We thank you in advance for your contribution as we continue our vision of making a difference through “Showcasing The Arts To Everyone.”