Star Wars is overflowing with important themes and lessons we can translate and use in real life. Many of those big ideas are captured in a few lines of eminently quotable dialogue. Also, the saga has a lot of less serious one-liners that are just as memorable and applicable. I find myself working quotes from both sides of the coin into everyday conversations often, and I bet Iâ??m not alone. Itâ??s more fun if the person Iâ??m talking to gets the reference, but recognition isnâ??t necessary. The worst Iâ??ve received for using a Star Wars line is a weird look, and I donâ??t mind those. Here are a small selection of quotes from Star Wars that Iâ??ve found are perfectly suited for use in this galaxy:
1. â??Itâ??s not my fault.â? â?? Han Solo
Use when anything goes wrong, even if it is totally your fault.
2. â??Your focus determines your reality.â? â?? Qui-Gon Jinn
Use in pep talks to encourage positivity and to remind others to take control of their fate.
3. â??Do. Or do not. There is no try.â? â?? Yoda
Use when someone needs a little tough love.
4. â??Somebody has to save our skins.â? â?? Leia Organa
Use when you jump in and solve a problem without breaking a sweat.
5. â??In my experience there is no such thing as luck.â? â?? Obi-Wan Kenobi
Use to remind others hard work pays off and sitting around waiting for chance does not.
6. â??I find your lack of faith disturbing.â? â?? Darth Vader
Use anytime others doubt your plans.
7. â??Iâ??ve got a bad feeling about this.â? â?? basically everyone
Use when walking into a situation that could end poorly, whether itâ??s a walk down a dark alley or a board meeting.
8. â??Itâ??s a trap!â? â?? Admiral Ackbar
Use anytime you suspect something is too good to be true.
9. â??So this is how liberty diesâ?¦with thunderous applause.â? â?? PadmÃ© Amidala
Use sarcastically whenever anyone institutes a new policy that looks appealing on the surface but has negative repercussions.
10. â??Your eyes can deceive you. Donâ??t trust them.â? â?? Obi-Wan Kenobi
Use when a friend needs to be reminded to go with his or her gut feeling.
11. â??Never tell me the odds.â? â?? Han Solo
Use whenever youâ??re told a task canâ??t be done.
12. â??Mind tricks donâ??t work on me.â? â?? Watto
Use when someone tries to pull wool over your eyes.
13. â??Great, kid. Donâ??t get cocky.â? â?? Han Solo
Use to remind your employees not to be overconfident.
14. â??Stay on target.â? â?? Gold Five
Use to keep yourself or others focused.
15. â??This is a new day, a new beginning.â? â?? Ahsoka Tano
Use to cheer a pal up and remind him or her that every day brings new opportunities.
Amy Ratcliffe is a writer obsessed with all things Star Wars, Disney, and coffee. Follow her on Twitter at @amy_geek and keep up with all things geeky at www.geekwithcurves.com