We need your help to make our next big fundraising effort go VIRAL!
We would like to ask you to please help us promote our Giving Tuesday campaign #GiveAtLeast8To #SavetheState.
Observed on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. Since its inaugural year in 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy with events throughout the year and a growing catalog of resources.
By the numbers, Culpeper County has almost 50,000 residents. If each person in the community gave $8, then we would easily reach our goal!
That $8/year is $0.75/month or roughly $0.02/day. We all know Culpeper loves giving its 2 cents every day.
From another perspective, Culpeper County has just over 10,000 households. If every household gave $40.00, we would also reach our goal.
But it’s also not just about Culpeper. If 50 percent of the more than 100,000 households we serve in our surrounding neighboring counties of Fauquier, Orange, Madison, Rappahannock, Greene, and Spotsylvania also give at least $8, then we would reach beyond the days goal to our end goal and be able to bring everyone the quality programming the area so richly deserves.
We are asking you to help us challenge all of the residents of Culpeper and the entire Piedmont region to give at least $8 to help the State Theatre keep the doors opening and arts showcasing for everyone.
To be successful we ask you to please:
1) Change your Facebook banner to the one attached to this file. Ask your friends to do the same.
2) Invite everyone you know to the Save the State on Facebook (Itâ??s under events on our FB page).
3) Make at least one post per day about the event (Today Monday, and Tuesday) encouraging people to participate. Tag friends, but also tag news organizations, famous people you follow, other organizations that can help
4) Contribute your $8 or more (remember, in the unfortunate event that we are unsuccessful, you would get your $8 or more back)
5) and then tag challenge everyone you know (and maybe donâ??t know) on social media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) that you know to also give their $8.00.
6) OPTIONAL â?? Similar to the ALS challenge, post a small video on social media saying your friends with the catch phrase â??I gave at least my 8 to Save the State, Now I challenge you to do it too!
Our goal is as much as possible up to our end goal of $400,000 and beyond. Failure is not an option.
I thank you all in advance for your help. I hope you can see that I am truly committed to saving the State Theatre and transforming it into the Regional Community Arts Venue it was meant to be.
Together, we will succeed. Every onward and upward.
Campaign Fundraiser/Events Manager
State Theatre of Culpeper